Among the Balzan Prizewinners 2021 are also Alessandra Buonanno, Director at Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, and Thibault Damour, Permanent professor of Theoretical Physics at the Institut des Hautes Etudes Scientifiques, Bures-sur-Yvette. The prize was awarded for their "leadership in the prediction of the gravitational wave signals produced when compact objects like neutron stars and black holes spiral together and eventually merge."
The forum is held by The International Balzan Foundation and the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences. It will be hosted by the University of Bern (aula main building), on Thursday 30 June 2022 at 1:30 p.m. (registration opens at 1:15 p.m.).
The 2021 Balzan Prizewinners
- Jeffrey Gordon - Microbiome in Health and Disease
- Alessandra Buonanno and Thibault Damour - Gravitation: Physical and Astrophysical Aspects
- Saul Friedländer - Holocaust and Genocide Studies
- Giorgio Buccellati and Marilyn Kelly-Buccellati - Art and Archaeology of the Ancient Near East
will present their studies and interact with experts and the audience.
If you need more information, please write to .
- Organizzatore principaleInternationale Balzan Stiftung "Preis"